<VV> fan NOISE

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 17 21:15:38 EDT 2012

When I said "useful" horsepower, I meant - where the rubber meets the road.
Not the pulleys.

A higher amp alternator uses up more horses than a lower amp one.  There is
the correlation.  A heavier fan (when accelerating) is going to use up more
horses than a lighter one as well.  Ask some of the serious racers about the
things they do with fans just to get a fraction more useful (at the wheels)
hp.

Later, JR