<VV> Tristate was great

Wayne B. afvair at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 14:59:38 EDT 2012

Hello Corvair friends,

Got home sunday night and put 996 miles on the waterpumper. The show was great, good attendance, nice cars and good friends. Nice to see Russ again, Steve Gongora, Tarmo Sutt from meeting them years ago and earlier Tristates. Great visit with Steve Goodman about how to get my SU carb running right on the turbo vert.

Finally got to meet Terry Kalp, cool guy with LOTS of cars in Kansas. Terry gave me some good ideas on building a killer 140 engine. Missed Ned Madsen, although I got pictures of his car and Kansas plate. Real clean 500 with cool aftermarket seats.

I learned something about Steve Goodman I didn't know before...he is one heck of a great "MC". He MC'd the whole banquet evening and was fantastic with how he handled it all!!! He did bring a tear to my eye though when he mentioned his sweet Ruth who passed away last year.

Although the cars were great, the one big thing that never changes is how great the people are. Rocky Mountain Corsa, Colorado Springs Corsa, and Corvairs of New Mexico are amazing folks!

The award ceremony was fun, with two great cars winning late open and late closed class. All in all a great 3 days of traveling and corvairs. I will include a link to my Picasa album of over two hundred pictures I took.

[picasaweb.google.com]#

Wayne
66 coupe
65 turbo vert