<VV> 140 valve seats

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 17:22:20 EDT 2012

Ray,
There is an old saying. "You get what you pay for, (and you pay for what you get"). This is not the kind of specialized labor that you want to get "the most reasonable price available". If you want to do your heads (hopefully) once, you get all new deep valve seats, all new valves and springs, new valve guides, deflash the heads, etc. If you don't use your Corvair to go long distances (I know you do though) like Mark suggests just get towing insurance and be prepared to R+R the heads again (and again) and just get the heads rebuilt (?) by a local machine shop that works on everything. If you do want to do it right though, 3 guys come to mind and there are more I am sure. Mike LeVeque is closest to you , Steve Goodman is a bit further, and Ray Sedman is on the opposite coast. My advice is don't go into any major engine work trying to save money. It won't work most likely.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301
Just got back from our tri state meet putting 420 miles on our 1962 Corvair Wagon