<VV> A/C Adventures Continue

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 21:27:33 EDT 2012

                                                                 B"H
The Corvair chassis shop manual shows the low side of the A/C compressor as the one that does NOT have the muffler on it, nor does it go directly to the condenser.  That's the high side.
So I hooked up the charging hose to that port, let 'er rip again, and this time she took the refrigerant without a problem.
So now the system blows nice and cold, I still don't know what the heck that explosion was the shook the neighborhood, but the system seems to work fine, so I'll run it for the time being and see if there are any leaks or residual damage (G-d forbid!).
Best regards from rain-soaked (again)  New York...Bill Hershkowitz