<VV> Vair Fair

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 22:14:22 EDT 2012

Let me add my praise for the great Vair Fair the guys just put on in Virginia. Besides fun events, cool cars, cool guys (& gals) and good vendors providing good parts at a good price, they even gave us perfect weather and breathtaking scenery (including the Blue Ridge Parkway).

I haven't topped off yet from my return trip, but on the trip up from South Boston, VA to the Vair Fair in Lexington (yes, "uphill" as well as north) I averaged 25.3 MPG in my daily driver 1962 Monza 102 4-speed. I also have a stock fuel pump, points, and cold-adjusted valves. Not bad for a tired old Corvair. I see a pattern here!

I will let you know how the return trip mileage went (will include 5 autocross runs not in you guys mileage).

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on