<VV> A/C Production

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Tue May 29 16:08:23 EDT 2012

Bill,

The dealer installed air was very much the same as the factory air.  The best way to tell if your car is a factory air car is to look at the accessory line of the body tag.  There should be a letter E between the 2 and 3 on the acc. line.  The E before the 2 would indicate the tinted window option.  Some people say that the factory used brown sealer while the dealer usually used black.

The Body tag decoding information is availabe on Ken Sullivan's web site:

http://www.corvairkid.com/65-67rpocode.htm

Less than 3% of all Corvairs had Factory Air and it was only available from '61-'67.

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS