<VV> Roof rack

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:51:11 EDT 2012

Patrick, it may have been a snug joint in the first place. Have you
tried using a good penetrating oil and let it set a few days? Were
there any burrs in the pin hole restricting movement? How was the
original pin installed? Hammered or squished in some way, that would
cause the tube metal to swell together? All of those things could make
it hard to pull apart the joint. Its made of stainless, I think, so
should not corrode , but there could be dissimilar metal corrosion at
the joint from the pin. Check those things out. Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone