<VV> Bench seat

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Tue Nov 6 23:09:47 EST 2012

At 12:00 11/06/2012 -0500, <Vairtec at optonline.net> wrote:

>There is a guy in my local club who put a bench seat in his 1965
>Monza.  He did it because he finds the bench to be more comfortable
>that the bucket, a claim I question but it's his car not mine.  He
>had the seat reupholstered to match the Monza interior.  He also used
>a 1969 seat so that it has headrests.

Having spent considerable seat time in both a '65 500 (bench) and both 65
and '66 Corsa's (bucket), I would have to say the bench seat is more
comfortable.  In my opinion, the tops for seat comfort and driving position
of the various Corvair models has to go the FC front bench.

>At 07:46 PM 11/5/2012, James Cooper wrote:
>
> >Hello all,  I was curious if anyone has a bench seat they would be
> >interested in selling to go in a 1965 sedan.  I don't know that I'm
> >going to do it- but I'm interested in installing a bench seat in a
> >Monza.  I think the seatbelts would be different but that the seat
> >would bolt in without modification from what I've read.  My interior
> >is black vinyl and in very good condition.I realize this is probably
> >backwards from what most people would do but I kind of like the
> >bench seats.  I'm guessing that I would have to have it re-covered
> >to match the back seat.  Has anyone done
> >this?Jim

If I recall correctly, 65 and 66 500 models did not have black as an
interior option and the embossed vinyl pattern is different.  You will have
to have Clark's or Corvair Underground make a custom seat cover from black
vinyl to match the rest of your interior.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI