<VV> Keyless entry/Cruise control

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Nov 7 10:38:48 EST 2012

I first added a factory GM cruise unit onto the Corvair, but it was
painful, tying in through the speedometer cable. I bought a power door lock kit,
but never installed it. It looked pretty simple to install. Many years ago I
 installed an aftermarket cruise control. Since the Corvair does not have a
VSS  sender (Vehicle Speed Signal) no computer needs it, you will need to
add some  type of pulse generator. The unit I had mounted a pair of magnets
on the regular  drive shaft, first with epoxy, then a pair of retaining
wires. The Corvair  needed four magnets because the half-shafts on the Vair turn
much slower that a  front-rear driveshaft. I mounted them close to the
differential end of the  drivers side half shaft. There are few aftermarket kits
these days. You might  try this place:

www.thecruisecontrolstore.com

The Cruise Control Store specializes in OEM and  aftermarket cruise control
kits. We carry cruise control kits for most  domestic and Japanese models.

In a message dated 11/7/2012 6:47:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,