<VV> GPS in a Corvair

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Nov 9 12:36:03 EST 2012

Smitty Says;  Being one of the generation that still can read maps I don't
have much use for a GPS, except as Frank describes.  Looking for a
campground to spend the night and going down country roads following the
signs to a campground is usually no problem.  Coming out the next morning
though and trying to get back to the highway through 8 miles of twists and
turns where all the signs are arranged to get you there, not to get you
back, can be a problem at times.  The GPS is a real asset then.  A word of
warning about listening to the other one.  Don't forget which one you are
listening to.  It is poorly received when you tell the wrong one to shut up
or I'll pull your battery out.

Did have a problem with our 10 year old Magellan one time though.  We were
in Fla and on a little country road when she piped up with the advise that
we should turn left in 1,208 miles.