<VV> Update on stainless steel fuel sending unit

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 22:32:38 EST 2012

It is my understand that with 4 gallons in the tank the dash gauge should
read E (or VERY close to that).  While the tank (cars) holds 14 gallons, a
fill up should require 10 when on E.  The other 4 is/was considered a
"reserve" by GM.

Later, JR

 That's for people who don't normally drive long distances... We bend the arm to get the TRUE reading...

Went 436  miles once on a tank..13.4 gal to refill...  and it had read E  for the last 70 miles.. at night! gg

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages