<VV> E-Mail Hacking-Solutions? (VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 94, Issue 28)

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 16:35:10 EST 2012

All,

In the latest VV Digest, there was a claim from Bill that  his E-Mail
account was hacked and fixed.  However, he warned about the  possibility of
future tainted E-Mail.  I suspect that Bill and I as well as  others share this
problem and insecurity.  Later in the same  digest, there was a posting from
Dave which was the apparent result of  another hacking.  Both posts are
copied below.

We are seeing all too many of these tainted posts here on VV  as well as in
our in-boxes from other sources I assume.  Among others, my  account has
been hacked as well with the results demonstrated here on VV.   Earlier today,
I sent myself an E-Mail to document something and along with the  expected
E-Mail, I also had a tainted E-Mail supposedly from myself to myself  with a
link.  I did an immediate search-and-destroy scan of my hard  disk.
Unfortunately, this problem is recurrent and I have no confidence  that this issue
is permanently fixed on my disk.

I scan my disk on a regular basis with Norton 360, TuneUp 360  and ARO 2012
(Advanced Repair and Optimization.)  Either there is malware  that is
clever enough to avoid detection and removal under scrutiny of all these
programs or my PC gets reinfected on a regular basis.  The Norton is  supposed to
detect attacks before infection occurs.

So, here's my point.  Does anyone have some insight they  would like to
share with all of us on an effective way to remove this insidious  malware and
hopefully, give us pointers on how to prevent future  infection.

Please forgive me if there is a tainted post along with this  real post.

Thanks in advance,

Doc

1960 Corvette, 1961 Rampside, 1962 Rampside, 1964 Spyder  coupe, 1965
Greenbrier, 1966 Canadian Corsa turbo coupe, 1967 Nova SS, 1968  Camaro ragtop

In a message dated 11/16/2012 8:22:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

Message:  1