<VV> Torque Converter Capacity

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Nov 21 12:31:30 EST 2012

I used to rebuild automatics for a living.  I haven't done a Corvair PG but the RWD PGs hold 9 quarts with a 10" converter TH350s 11, TH400s 13.  You'll never get anywhere close to that draining one no matter how long you let it drain.
More on point - TCI converter capacity chart:  http://www.tciauto.com/tc/fluid-capacity
Joel McGregor

I know the PG holds about 3 quarts. How much more is in the torque
converter? I want to drain as much as possible. How much will drain out of
the torque converter when left to sit for a month?
 MIKE KOVACS