<VV> Fwd: Maddening Electrical Problem - Can Anyone Help

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 22 15:04:03 EST 2012

Many cigarette lighter sockets have a fuse built into the back of the
socket.  Maybe simply replacing the socket with a fused one would be the
most elegant solution.
Jim

A very timely discussion for me, as my cigarette lighter did the same
"snap-crackle-pop" on me recently while I had my GPS plugged in. What size
inline fuse have others used? Does the lighter socket need replaced?

*When all is said and done, install an inline fuse in the lighter circuit
as that has been a source of trouble for a long time especially since cell
phones and GPS stuff is being plugged in there.*