<VV> Corvair Oil filter pricing

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Nov 28 12:51:53 EST 2012

For every day drivers, I would NEVER use a Purolator.  Run one for 3K miles, then take a cut off wheel and cut around the lip at the bottom of the filter.  You won’t like what you see.  There’s a reason that they’re cheap.

Wix 51038’s are still available at Carquest and other jobber stores, and NAPA sells them as NAPA Gold 1038.

For Concours cars, it’s been almost 10 years since the GM blue filters have been in stock. I bought out the last 40 that GMSPO had in stock in 2003.

EVERYONE laughed when I told someone who was bugging me for one I’d sell him one for 25.00----Seen them higher than that on eBay since then.

I’m still not selling-----Wix will continue to make the 51038 as long as there is demand, and that’s from the superintendent of the Wix Filter plant in Gastonia, NC.

I know Clark’s was making a filter, but heard some complaints on here about them a while back, so I’ve never bought any.

Any Parts Professional will tell you----If you can get a Wix---USE IT.

HANK