<VV> was Dexron now Filters and Batteries

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Nov 29 19:32:35 EST 2012

Nice to know AC Delco is still made in a quality plant. I worked with an
assitant chemist back 30 or so years ago that had done lab testing on
various filter brands available then. He said AC Delco was in the top
group. Fram, Purolator, etc were not close. One should check with Richard
down in  Bolivia (he is Richard1 on Corvair Center Forum) as he has very
strong feelings on filters and oil.

Back maybe 20 years ago or so, there were 4 major manufacturers of vehicle
batteries in the US. Now there are only three (3)!

Johnson Controls

Exide

East Penn

I used to list Delco, but the list I just checked had them under Exide as
manufacturer.

http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm

There are a few specialty manufacturers like New Castle Battery and US
Battery that make antique styles and deep cycle styles.

So when ones complains "Advance* batteries suck, I'm going to buy another
brand", the chances are 1 in three they will buy another off the same
assembly line.

* any brand for example.

Frank DuVal