<VV> Purolater Filters

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 30 00:34:15 EST 2012

Just for the fun of it, I lifted this from the Corvette Forum...

PASTE:

I have been in the Parts business now 30 years. I sell Purolater Products
both the Purolator name brand and their garage brand Group 7. I have taken a
hacksaw in the past to both of these filters brand new, same part number
being held in a Vise. I could not tell the difference in the filter itself
or how it was made any differently. Same amount of pleats of filter paper,
same valve etc. Only thing different was the paint job on the outside of the
filter. I use the Purolator garage filter Group 7 on all of my vehicles from
my Street Rod to my 2 Vettes to my everyday cars,Suv's and delivery Vans. In
all the years of being in the business I never ever had a problem with a
Purolater Filter causing any problem with any vehicle. My customers swear by
them. Don't forget since some of you probably don't know that Purolator is
the inventor of the Oil Filter. The Purolator name ever since being
introduced in the early 1900's always stood for (Pure Oil Later) Purolator.
I would take a Purolator over any other brand of filter out there. I have
sold them all from AC,Motorcraft, Fram, Wix, Hastings etc.
There is none better that I know of.

END PASTE

Later, JR