<VV> HELP!! (garage lighting info)

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Oct 3 11:03:49 EDT 2012

How high is the ceiling, and is it finished white or open trusses? Finished
walls in white or rough framing and lots of shelves, equipment, etc that is
non relective? Too many variables.

For my 9' ceilings with open trusses, I am using the ~$11 shop lights from
Walmart. Can only buy two or so at a time as their stock is limited. They
provide only minimal lumens on the floor in the 12' section! They do turn
on at low temperatures and then get up to good output.

A fixture with a wider reflector than the $11 shop lights would give better
lumens on the floor. More metal = more money...

I asked an electrical supply house the lighting question and got the answer
but I couln't afford it! The salesman said he could light under cars on the
lift from the ceiling with his lighting layout. Lots of 8' HO or SHO
tubes...

Frank DuVal