<VV> Looking for a fuel flow sender or MPG gauge for carb engine, not EFI...

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 13:16:53 EDT 2012

Larry,
    I wouldn't recommend getting a MPG gauge that  registers INSTANTANEOUS
fuel consumption.  My late wife's 1989 Beretta had  the optional digital
dash that showed either instantaneous or average MPG.   Unless you are driving
on a perfectly FLAT road, the instant. reading will vary  all over the place
even on apparently flat normal-driving roads.
    If you really want to improve your 455 engine's  mileage, get a
WIDE-band O2 sensor (check Innovate) and use it to set the A/F  ratio for cruising
conditions.  This assumes you are using lead-free  gasoline otherwise the
sensor won't last long.  You'll also need a timing  light (I use a "dial back"
one) to set up the ignition timing  correctly.
     Good luck and let us know what works for  you,
Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 10/3/2012 11:31:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,