<VV> Who knows this Rampside in Ill.???

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Thu Oct 4 17:23:20 EDT 2012

> Hmmm, It looks like a complete package out of a Pontiac Fiero.

For some reason, to me, it looks more like a transplant from a FWD, like
a Camaro, rather than a Fiero, but that is all that the Fiero is
(Citation drivetrain in back, Chevette suspension in front) -- The
tranny bolt pattern for that 2.8 engine allows all sorts of adapters if
not just direct bolt-ons, and the field is wide open for power sources
-- the 3.8 SC being perhaps the most popular among the Fiero crowd (at
least among the cars that actually get driven regularly -- yes there are
show-off cars with Northstars, big blocks, etc, but they don't get
driven). The one I like is the 4.1 Cadillac V-8 -- nice, light, too much
power, looks nice when installed in a Fiero.  And there is a 3.4 (??)
twin cam V-6 from GM that looks like just too much when installed. For
an "indestructible" truck engine, there is always the 4.3 V-6 --  or
maybe a small Isuzu diesel ...

The Fiero's 5-speed Getrag tranny is desirable for all these swaps.

I don't know if the tool box is hiding the strut towers or just what is
up with it -- looks nicely done, if you like it -- I don't like the fact
that the top looks "so" clean and the underside hasn't been dressed up
or even detailed at all.  Sorta like the "flipper" slapped some paint on
an almost finished project and is trying to cover his costs, but who
knows what else is being "hidden".

Moot points if no one hits his "reserve" ...

Bill Strickland