<VV> HELP!! (garage lighting info) (Permitting)

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Oct 8 11:23:15 EDT 2012

Where I live the owner can supposedly do their own wiring.  It just has to be the owner and not anyone else.  On existing service the electric company doesn't care.  When I wired my shop I had to pull the meter to connect to the service.  I called the electric company and told them I was cutting their seal to do some work and then I called them back when I was done to have them re-seal it.  No problems and no inspections.  New service would be different I'm sure.  All this government meddling is one of the big reasons I'm putting in an offer on a house tomorrow that is outside the city limits.  I wonder how many Covairs will fit on 4.8 acres?
Around 1936 by a quick guesstimate.  I'll have to take off a few to leave room for the house and shop.
Joel McGregor
Subject: Re: <VV> HELP!!  (garage lighting info) (Permitting)

If you are running a separate meter the power co may require an inspection before they will install the meter. I went with 200 amp separate service. I wired mine myself and passed both inspections.

Scott Trunkhill
Scott at trunkhill.com