<VV> HELP!! (garage lighting info) (Permitting)

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Oct 8 19:58:07 EDT 2012

Basically what my provider told me.  I am in the country on TVA
supplied, Co-op wire (WKRECC).  The second meter at the same address
must be a commercial installation.  The Co-op gets a break from the
government for residential but not commercial electricity.  The
commercial rate is about twice the residential rate for the first 5,000
KW or about 20 cents per KW.   I buried a 100 amp service to the shop
which is 300 feet from the house (copper, 02 main and 00 neutral).

  I have a neighbor is a line foreman for WKREEC.  He did the load
center hookup at the house service for me one Saturday evening. The next
week WKRECC came by and changed out my entrance service to the meter and
my pad transformer (buried utilities).  No problems for 18 years.
Jim Davis