<VV> Heim joint--can't install

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Thu Oct 11 17:06:53 EDT 2012

Ernie, you're dealing with the angle that the trailing arm adds, as it goes
through its rotation.
With the suspension at full drop, the angle is large!

Bolt the lower strut to the outer hub, then jack up the outer wheel hub,
until the inner end of the strut arrives at the same angle
as the bracket on the differential. Then slip it into place and slide the
bolt through. Working with the jack, you may have to
move the lower end of the hub in or out, to get the lower strut to be in the
right position, inside the diff bracket.

Mel Francis
Monza SR