<VV> Fw: Heim joint / Spherical rod ends

Leland Garland lgarland1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 00:37:08 EDT 2012

I will second what Seth advises.  A couple of years ago I had my '65 Monza up on 4 jackstands with all 4 wheels off and while jacking up the left rear trailing arm trying to access grease fitting on inner U-joint the car gradually slid sideways off the jackstands and the jack.  I wasn't really hurt but I was pinned under the left rear fender.  I finally felt around and found the jack and a box end wrench, set the jack up under the valve cover and was able to raise the car enough to get out from under it.    The only permanent damage is a scar on my left arm above the elbow where the sheet metal had me pinned.  That incident scared me to death and I now have home-made wooden jackstands that will not tip over.

Leland Garland
'65 Monza
Phoenix AZ