<VV> Looking for a corvair engine

Charles Redditt redcharlie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:02:24 EDT 2012

I found this:
www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Chevrolet-Corvair-Engine-Block-/280711397749?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415bb40175&vxp=mtr

but from the description, it's no later than 1963.  The stamp is "*T0329YN*"
and from reading WW's conversion manual, engines ending in YN, YM, ZF, ZG
built before 1964 have only 145 cubic inch displacement, and I need a 164.

I also saw an engine block:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvair-65-68-TURBO-engine-block-very-rare-T033IRL-out-of-180-HP-car-/110869626338?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d0583de2&vxp=mtr

which looks like it would work, but I'd prefer a more or less complete
engine.

-charlie

--
Thanks for using the Albert Gore Jr. Information Superhighway.  Please post
responsibly.  Happy Cerf-ing!