<VV> Looking for a corvair engine

Charles Redditt redcharlie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:34:33 EDT 2012

Thanx Mark!  Lots of useful advice!

When I joined Corsa I noticed there was a chapter in Little Rock, and
earlier today I emailed a Mr. Elvis King who was listed as the primary
contact.  I have also been scouring Craigslist in Arkansas and surrounding
states, but so far to no avail.

Raffee Corvair looks promising.  I had noticed quite a few corvair
specialty shops, including Clark's Corvairs (I got the '65 shop manual from
them) but most seem quite far away.   Wister, OK is just past Fort Smith,
only about 3 hours west of me.

And yes, between you and William I realize that I won't keep much from any
used engine I find.  And I certainly don't intend to risk my life to save a
few bucks (on a carb or other part)!  I'm doing this as a project with my
dad and my son. I'm not in a hurry and although I'm not rich, trying to do
things the cheapest way possible is not my goal.

WW has also mentioned the 3.1L mod, but it does seem rather advanced for
me. (I can change oil, sparkplugs, fuses, and the blend door motor on a
ford windstar, but that's about the limit of my experience!)  For now I'll
probably stick to the road well travelled and save the 3.1L for my 2nd
engine!

Thanx again,
-charlie redditt
EAA#1097566

--
Thanks for using the Albert Gore Jr. Information Superhighway.  Please post
responsibly.  Happy Cerf-ing!