<VV> Bad Corvair

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Oct 19 00:20:40 EDT 2012

Hi there Smitty,
So how do you explain breaking up electrically and replacement  distributor
fix????
 Something is fishy here.
Regards,
Bob Helt
Smitty Says;  As I said to Bob in a private post.  I can not explain that
and have no intention of going way back in history trying to explain a
problem that does not exist anymore.  I state for a fact that the spark was
going erratic as the engine died.  That was a month ago.  Different problem.
I and the owner both have lives outside of that car.  If we could get
together for a couple of hours a week that was great.  We were misled by a
carb that had no idle capability even after pulling the casting plugs and
cleaning all ports and passageways.  Assumptions were made such as, when the
engine got close to idle it would die.  After a half dozen times watching
the spark go to crap as the engine approached idle and died, why should I
(or anyone else) think something else had been thrown into the game.  When
did the hose come of?  I don't know.  It could have been during any of the
under carb, backfires and have blown off by backpressure in the modulator
line.  You think it is fishy Bob?  You should have been at this end dealing
with it.