<VV> NG to Hydrogen Re: methanol vs. ethanol

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 11:42:35 EDT 2012

John, that's why I said: "Incidentally, this same process is used to make
our  commercial
> hydrogen." meaning this same process of  catalytically reforming natural
gas with steam makes essentially all of our  hydrogen for other commercial
uses.
And I didn't "forget".
    Frank Burkhard
    Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 10/19/2012 10:56:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jvhroberts at aol.com writes:

You  forgot to mention that NG is the second most important feedstock for
oil  refineries. It's THE hydrogen source for converting crude to the lighter
(and  far more hydrogenated) distillates that come out, like gasoline,
diesel,  kerosene, propane, etc.

John  Roberts