<VV> was Positive Crankcase Vents now draft tube request.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 12:49:03 EDT 2012

Mark Durham writes:
Seth, my original car had a draft tube and the tin in this car is  cut
for the draft tube. I'm thinking of removing the pcv and go back to  the
draft tube. Anybody out there got one? Just reply to me off  line.

Mark - I feel the later, stock, crankcase ventilation system has a  lot
going for it. It isn't too hard to scare up the pieces to hook it up. Many
more Corvairs had the PCV system than didn't. The system will help keep a
street-driven Corvair engine cleaner inside as well as ingesting and  burning
off the fumes that will inevitably bypass the original combustion. The  64 and
later, "orifice-style" system, with a little bit of maintenance,  will
perform well, lessen actual pollution, and help us avoid the "old cars  cause
smog" labeling. If you need more information on the system, just drop me  back
a note.    - Seth Emerson