<VV> Volt Reg, Gen & Other Questions

David Heath dheath at vanceandhines.com
Wed Oct 24 00:03:53 EDT 2012

I had a similar problem recently on my '65.  First it pulsated but I
did nothing about it.  Then I was having charging issues.  I swapped
out the regulator with no change.  I thought about it awhile and
decided that the only reason it would do all the things it was doing
was because it could not sense the voltage correctly.  I cut the old
pins off, trimmed the wire to good copper (was dirty for about the
first inch) and re-pinned the wires at the alternator and the
regulator.  Good as new with all the old parts back on it.  All that
to say, check the connections first.  Very likely just a bad
connection.

Dave Heath
Cypress, CA
'65 Coupe 140/4