<VV> Air conditioning alteration

Chuck Morris mramccm at casstel.net
Fri Oct 26 19:59:47 EDT 2012

On 10/26/2012 5:25 PM, Mark Durham wrote:
> Thanks, Bob, but the whole point of the discussion is to not take up
> trunk space.
> We know that is a proven method, but it would sure be easier to keep it
> all in the engine bay.
> The guy with the LM who has it in the spare tire area is going to duct
> fresh air from the diff/trans/heater box area, which should alleviate
> his problem if the engine fan is truly sucking enough that it makes a
> low pressure area on top of the engine by flowing it all for cooling.
> That may exactly be why GM mounted the condensor directly over the
> engine on earlies and where the air enters the compartment on the lates.
> Mark durham
>
> Sent from my Windows Phone

Thanks guys,
I met a guy in OKC last month that has one in the wheel well in the rear
and said it works great.
He had to mfg. a duct on the back of the condenser so the  10 inch fan
would suck air through the whole condenser flat plaet area and not just
where the fan was. He then ducted this air out the bottom rear of the
r/h fender well. He said his condenser was a parallel flow 14x20 but I
donot believe my area is that large.

Chuck

I believe the individual was from Arkansas but cant remember his name.
His is also a late mdl.