<VV> Air conditioning alteration

Bob Tarpenning bobtcars at wildblue.net
Sat Oct 27 09:38:19 EDT 2012

Bob:

I take the floor of the well section of the trunk out.  The condenser is
mounted at an angle with the top of the condenser at the back near the gas
tank.  The bottom of the condenser is a couple of inches below the opening
where the well floor was.  I close the area around the condenser to the
walls of the trunk so that all the air coming in the bottom (front) of the
opening has to go through the condenser.  The fan is mounted on top of the
condenser to push air through.  I have a small scoop (about 15 inches wide
and 2 inches deep) below the front panel below the bumper to funnel air to
the top of the condenser.  The air exits out back of the condenser through
the hole where the floor was.  I put a new floor in the trunk that covers
the area where well was.  I put that in with screws in case I need to get to
the condenser or fan for maintenance.

Bob T