<VV> Clutch cross shaft wear

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 15:51:21 EDT 2012

Chuck,

In the Owner's Manual (glove box book) GM recommended removing the plug in
the clutch cross shaft at 36,000 miles and installing a grease fitting so
grease  could be added.  Once you have replaced the worn parts, if you still
have  the plug in place then remove it and install a fitting and add grease
to the  shaft until it appears at each end.  Then grease it at least every
36,000 miles.  The parts will last a long time if they are lubricated
regularly.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA
'64 Greenbrier
'65 Corsa
'68 Monza

In a message dated 9/3/2012 1:04:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,