<VV> Powerglide service

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 4 01:13:42 EDT 2012

Seth,

You are confusing me now.

Stick cars (for '64 and 5) have a dipstick for the dif.  Maybe prior to
'64????  Don't know on that for certain, but don't think so.  All year
Corvairs with PG tranny (SFAIK) have a dip stick for the PG tranny.

So, since the PG tranny DOES NOT share 90wt with the dif, checking the dif
dipstick is not going to tell you about the fluid level in the tranny.
Well, maybe you know something that I don't.  That would not surprise me,
but I would certainly appreciate some enlightment on that.

Thanks.

Later, JR