<VV> Crank gear issue

ntcagp at sbcglobal.net ntcagp at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 5 22:05:46 EDT 2012

Good info Seth – I looked at the tool and came to the same conclusion – however – I have four bolts broken off inside the gear, and the other two holes are useless. Now how do I use this tool? I’m not sure of the grade of the broken bolts, so can they be drilled out? I fear #3 is my best option at this point. I did once split a case to replace a crank with the heads still on, but still lots of work, and the remainder of the engine remains a mystery with this process. As an extra bonus, the po re-installed the transaxle with the lower driver side of the case missing – broke clean off!
thanks again,
Garry