<VV> Bad Corvair, Bad Bad Corvair

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:56:01 EDT 2012

It would be hard to teach to a teacher but...... that idling problem remind me when, years ago, had an idling problem (one side) when, if loosening some rocker arms to the point the valves just started clattering, the engine idled fine but, can't remember how I fixed it.
A year ago, got issues on the Bluebrier regarding poor idling (both banks) while trying to tune engine for emissions testing. It showed high HC which lead me to ignition. Measured high voltage on plug wires with good 15 Kv at mid to high speed but, some6 to 7 Kv. at idiling. This old fart memory can't remember which was the culprit but, wasn't the distributor.
Not a solution for you but, maybe some more things to think about.
Best regards
Daniel Monasterio