<VV> Lifter Question

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Wed Sep 12 14:01:06 EDT 2012

Hi,

Conventional wisdom says that cold setting of the lifters with a half turn
from zero lash is the way to go. I have few question about the lifters and
in particular the half turn which differs from what the manual recommends.

1) Why do we differ from what the manual recommends?

2) If by any chance we still had original lifters should we be using the
recommendations in the manual?

3) How can I differentiate between the original lifters and what (I think)
are generally called SBC lifters that are the norm today?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

66 180 convertible

68 UltraVan 3.1