<VV> how many miles do you drive your Corvair a year and on one trip?

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 20:40:20 EDT 2012

:

Tim  Shortle asked the question:

"A question for all of us: How many of us  are willing to drive our Corvairs
more than 100 miles?"
Dan Terry replies:

Since I was laid off in 2009 and lost my company vehicle, my '65 Corsa has
become our second car again. In the last 3 years, it has made a 4 day trip
from Atlanta to Raleigh, NC. and return through Columbia, SC. (1175 miles).
A  one day trip to drive the Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway in
NC/TN.  (330 miles). A one day trip to a reception in NC. (another 300+
mile  drive.) A trip to Jacksonville and St. Augustine, FL for the 2009 CORSA
convention. (950 miles)  Just this summer I made another trip to  Jackson
ville Beach for a short vacation. (865 miles) I make 3-4 trips to Athens,  GA
each year to visit a friend. (180 mile round trip) Those are the main trips.
There are many otherocal Corvair events I have attended also. Just driving
to my oldest daughter's house is 85 miles round trip. We both are in metro
Atlanta.

Since 2009, I have driven it approximately 15,000 miles. BTW It is still
running the Clark's fan belt I installed in 2000 over 30,000 miles ago,
before  driving to the CORSA convention in Daytona.

When I travel, I usually carry a spare fan belt and tools. Lately, I have
been carrying a rebuilt and untested fuel pump.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe
Corvair Atlanta