<VV> Corvairs, rare indeed

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 19:46:02 EDT 2012

Timothy Shortle asked:
A question for all of us: How many of us are willing to drive our Corvairs more
than 100 miles? (This takes reliability and comfort into account). I suspect we
all (probably 99%+) have more modern cars at our disposal.

About 1,500 per year  between 3 cars...  I like Comfort... but don't like a Vair with AC...  so I stay close to the Oregon Coast...
Everything I need is within 125 miles..

I did drive  a '65  Monza cp 95/3 spd.  60k miles in 3 years as a work car...  made me appreciate them!

I have driven  from San Diego to  Las Vegas [ winter]  and SD  to Tahoe [ in the Summer]

 The 1,200 mile trouble free Tahoe trip reminded me why I was retiring to the Coast!! ggg

I've been renting a new car for trips....  but now  it's economically feasible / prudent to buy a $2,000  disposable   Highway "Comfort Cruiser"

 Search is on.... gg

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio