<VV> Exhaust tube

Bob and Carol hallgrenn at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 20:34:30 EDT 2012

Good points Tim.  I've got spare FC heads, maybe I'll just swap.

Bob

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

N2VZD at aol.com wrote:

I replaced one in a 102hp FC last year while doing other work , because I
noticed black exhaust around the tube at the head. I am not sure how long it
was  leaking , but it was definitely damaging the head. This Greenbrier
does a lot of  "highway" driving on interstates , so I bet I saved some bad
times.
I was able to put a NOS one in with a block of  hard wood and heavy  lead
hammer from under the van without removing much. It seemed to seal  properly.
It has been a long time now with no customer complaint yet.
If there is much of a gap , you are taking a chance on repeat failure with
any sealer out there. Not that I would not try it...
regards, Tim Colson.