<VV> Fw: Exhaust port tube fit to manifold

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 21:35:35 EDT 2012

I have to replace some the exhaust port tubes in the heads of the engine I am
working on, because the donut seats are torn. I have some used tubes.
According to the 1961 shop manual the tube ends are a press fit into the exhaust
manifold (as well as into the head). The used tubes I have are a sloppy fit in
the head (missing a press fit by as much as 0.031 inch).

  Cut the Donut seat off one of the sloppy ones and slip it over to take up space!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages