<VV> how many miles do you drive your Corvair a year and on one trip?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Sep 18 00:35:37 EDT 2012

Heck Harry, my daughter Ashley puts 100 miles round trip on her car (65
500) just visiting home from college.  It is her daily driver.

Cell phone and AAA Plus. What else would she need past fan belt tools
and a spare tire?

Most everything you list , except fuel pump, gives ample warning for
several hundred mile trip. Now Smitty has had all those fail on trips.
But his last thousands of miles!

Drive it and love it!

What if? Fix it and keep going....even if it requires a tow.

I drive my 66 AC sedan with a powerglide that rarely backs up all over
the state to meets. Even autocross it! It still goes forward....

Frank DuVal

ps, I find the worse a Corvair looks, the better it runs since it
usually gets driven a lot. Hangar Queens look great but hardly ever get
driven, so the probability of failure per trip is very high.