<VV> ROVAC A/C Re: A/C Usage Re: Corvair Miles

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 12:44:48 EDT 2012

Ron,
    OK, let me expand my statement:  "and, as we  know, AIR is a rather
poor refrigerant when it gets into the  freon-type systems presently used in
cars and houses."
    Well, the ROVAC system was developed with much  acclaim in the mid
1970s.  ROVAC is short for "rotary  vane" the type of compressor used in the
past to supercharge  cars.  (There was even one sold for the EM Corvairs if I
remember  correctly.)   However, it appears that the ROVAC A/C setup was
never  COMMERCIALLY available for use in cars or houses.  It may have been
durability problems with the rotary vane compressor, or high power consumption,
or, as you suggest, excessive noise.
Thanks for the correction, Ron.
Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 9/17/2012 3:31:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,