<VV> The value of originality

flat6vair2 at comcast.net flat6vair2 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 4 06:54:34 EDT 2013

Reading the collector car mags, there seems to be a large interest in un-restored "garage" finds. The dings, dents, faded paint are part of the cars history -- leaving the car un-restored preserves that history.

For those interested in such, value does indeed go up. possibly 10-15% over the same car restored -- or conversely, the car losses 10-15% of its value when it is restored - maybe more depending on make/model. Documentation (even oral history) adds to that historic value -- only so many "un-restored" examples left, not making them anymore, yada-yada

Just one opinion. I've seen picture's of Neds car, dang nice. I give Ned (and scott?) credit for leaving the chasis asis. Tough to do when your other Corvairs have been re-done to high standards.

tim mahler
with two documented but restored Fitch Sprints