<VV> The value of originality

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Apr 4 10:36:10 EDT 2013

Generally speaking, I prefer stock over modified, and among stock
vehicles I prefer original over restored.  But I do not perceive a
monetary value difference.

If offered two identical cars, one of which was, like Ned's, an
unmolested and well-preserved original, and one of which was, as Ned
suggested, freshened with touch-up and a quality paint job, I might like
the unrestored car better from a personal standpoint but I don't believe
that my preference makes the unrestored car worth more than the restored
one.

Some people would have a preference for the restored car -- does that
make it worth more?

One of the things I like about original, unrestored cars is that "what
you see is what you get."  There is no new paint job hiding who knows
what.  But if a restoration is documented, with before, during, and
after photos, that concern goes away.

--Bob