<VV> convertible sighting in Palm Springs, CA area

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 17:29:08 EDT 2013

A friend recently emailed me to tell me about a Corvair he saw in the Palm Springs, CA area.  Look at what he had to say, below, and tell me if anyone knows whose it is:

<I was at Traders Joes several weeks ago and saw the most breathtakingly restored Corvair!  My phone doesn't take photos or I would have snapped some photos for you.  If I'd been thinking, I would have at least scribbled down their license plate for you.  It looked like it had just rolled off the showroom floor.  The top was down and there was a steady parade of admirers paying homage to it.  I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I ever catch a glimpse of it again, I'll get more details and try to talk to the owner.  It was really something!>

After my follow up queries he added the following:

<
If I remember correctly, the Corvair was a striking medium blue color with a white interior.  The store is technically in Cathedral City and I'm afraid I don't know the difference between 1st and 2nd generation.

~Bill Stanley