<VV> positive mention in May Automobile magazine

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 21:01:43 EDT 2013

In the May 2013 Automobile magazine Robert Cumberford, long a friend of the Corvair,  aims his design criticism at the Toyota Corolla Furia, a show car he spied at the Detroit Auto Show.  About the only good thing he had to say about it was this:

"The Furia's best aspect is the dead-on front view, where its chrome strip separates the hood from the front end.  It's rather like the 1960 Corvair that so influenced popular car styling in the 1960s; at least eight makes from seven countries recapitulated the look, although as usual none of the copies were as good as the original."  Personally, I don't see the resemblance at all, at least not based on the photos that Automobile pubished, but I'll take the shout out for our favorite car nonetheless.

~Bill Stanley