<VV> Early VW No Corvair

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Fri Apr 5 15:44:15 EDT 2013

Smitty wrote:
> Surprising to me that a book with so many dates, facts and
> events could fail to note a milestone, but I could find no mention of when
> the first production car was built in 38.  Only that it was 38.
>
> Now that I have made it possible for some of you to rest nights...
Strangely enough, I received a link to a VW site a few weeks ago from a
guy on another hobby list.  It's not a high quality website and it has
some annoying ads, but the pictures of VWs from 1936-1960 might help put
some meat on the bones of this discussion.

In looking through the pics on the site, the Beetle does start to look
like the image we all know starting around 1936.  The site does not have
sufficient detail to indicate when actual production began.  The link is:

    http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Volkswagen/

The pics of the Beetles begin about a quarter of the way down the page,
although most car guys probably won't mind looking at the first part.

Steven "what do Yoko Ono and Somalis have in common?" Serenska

'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4