<VV> temporarily remove convertible top?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:43:32 EDT 2013

Hello all.  I'm working on my 64 convertible (getting ready for paint) and
would really feel a lot better (and make things a lot easier) if I just
removed the excellent convertible top and set it aside while I prime
repeatedly and then paint the car.

It looks to me like it would be pretty easy (I've never done a top before)
to just take the entire convertible top complete with frame (in folded
position) off the car and put it back on after I'm done painting.

Is this as easy as it looks?  Is there any really good reason not to do it?
 I asked in the fall about protecting the top while I paint but I'm just
not that confident in my masking abilities.  It is a white top on a red
car.

Thanks for any advice.

Ray R.
Certifiable Corvair Nut