<VV> revisiting 140 into EM 4spd swap

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 19:02:48 EDT 2013

Last time I asked about putting a 140 into a 62 coupe (with EM 4 speed) the
answer I got was to swap the EM bell housing onto the 140 engine and use
all the 62 components from there back.  I know from reading one of Bob
Helt's books that there were issues with clutch slippage on EM cars and
that was the reason for the different clutch (8" I think?) used with HP
engines in EM's.

Anyway, as far as I know right now I need to put the LM bell housing on the
engine and use all the original 62 (102hp) parts from there back.  Does
everyone agree that this is the way to go?  I'd like to hear that I don't
need to swap that bell housing but I'm sure that is just wishful thinking.
 I just hate to mess with an engine that isn't leaking oil at all.  I have
the complete 66 and 62 4-speed drive trains.

Ray R.
Certifiable Corvair Nut